Finding a good windows and doors company can be challenging if you are not sure what to look for. As a consumer you need to know the things to look for and how to properly research your options before you hire a contractor to do work on your home.
5 Important things to Consider
The following outlines five important things that you need to consider when hiring a windows and doors company in your area:
1. Work with a company that manufactures and installs: It is always better to deal with a company that also manufacturers the windows they install. This will cut out the middle man and you can work directly with the manufacturer to get the window and door style and design you want.
2. Make sure they are experienced: Always check how long the company has been in business. This is always a good indicator of how they rant within their industry.
3. Check the Better Business Bureau: It is smart to check the company out on the Better Business Bureau website to see if people have had issues with the company in the past.
4. Ask for references: Always find out what previous customers have to say about the company and the quality of work they provide.
5. Get a quote: Always get a quote in writing before making any changes to your home. Make sure service expectations are clearly outlined, the price is agreed upon, and a timeline for the work to be completed is established.
We just wanted to write to say thanks because the window quality is great and your helpful craftsman and professional installers made the entire experience wonderful. We only wish we could have this experience with all of our renovation projects.
We recently moved to our new house and needed to do some repairs and renovations. Your company was recommended by our very pleased friends. The windows look amazing and the installation job Richard did was first class.
It’s not everyday that I take the time to email a contractor… but my wife insisted! You guys did a great job and you kept it quick and quiet. We’ve got a newborn who sleeps often and your man did a good job not waking her up. Cheers.
We had done our share of research before finally deciding to go with your company and we must say that EuroSeal really had the greatest value. Guess we can chalk it up to working with a manufacturer.
It is our pleasure to say thanks for a great job done by your company. Luke and his colleague did a lovely job and they were very well mannered. It was a pleasure having them around.
We especially appreciated the help of your craftsman in choosing the appropriate style and colour for our first home. In the end, the windows look beautiful and I’m extremely happy with how easy they are to clean.
We damaged one of the external hinges a month ago, and your company’s prompt and efficient handling of the service call was impressive! We appreciate how quickly your company sent over a representative to fix the problem.